MACOMB COUNTY CLERK LEADS IN GOOD GOVERNMENT AWARDS
The Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds's office led Michigan receiving almost half of the 11 good government awards issued to Macomb County from the National Association of Counties ("NACo").
Each year the National Association of Counties issues awards for good government, including “achievement awards.” The purpose is to nationally recognize county programs that enhance services, improve county management or promote intergovernmental coordination.
“Several county departments have innovative programs,” said the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds. “Last year just happened to be a great year in the clerk’s office.”
The Macomb County Clerk’s office received five NACo awards, including:
- Online absentee ballot tracking, letting voters confirm their AV ballots are received by local clerks,
- Nine-day work schedule, improving customer service with longer workdays at no additional cost to the county,
- Online Web chat room, providing real-time help to Web site visitors,
- Online concealed weapons permit tracking, letting applicants securely track the status of their CCW permit applications, and
- Mobile office, bringing personal service to those who cannot drive to the county seat.
The Macomb County Clerk has been Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds since 1992 and has racked up 15 National Association of Counties Achievement Awards during her tenure. For a list of all 15 NACo Achievement Awards won by the Macomb County Clerk / Register of Deeds Office since 1999, visit http://clerk.macombgov.org/Clerk-NACo
Out of State: 310-575-5035