Online CPL Application System
Sorry. Your permit expires in more than six months.
Please wait to apply for renewal within six months of your expiration date.
- CLICK HERE for more information from the Michigan State Police web site.
ADDITIONAL CCW RENEWAL INFORMATION
A CCW license is renewed in the same manner as the original license. The Concealed Pistol License Renewal Processing Fee is $120 ($105 application fee plus $15 for photo processing). Each approved applicant will receive a high quality composite CPL License wallet card.
An application is considered a renewal if the applicant has received a concealed pistol license under compliance of the training requirements set forth in the Act after July 1, 2001.
For an individual licensed after July 1, 2001, and subsequently applying for a renewal:
- A full 8-Hour Pistol safety training course is not required.
- Applicant must complete at least (3) hours of review of the pistol safety training course and have at least 1 hour of firing range time within 6 months of submitting your application.
This may be completed by either:
- Taking a Review course (which includes firing range time) with a local National Rifle Association (NRA) Instructor or
- By signing the statement on the application that you have completed the 3 hour requirement and have had at least 1 hour firing range time. This information will be documented on the application at time of submitting the CCW application to the clerk’s office.
(If completing on your own, range time must be done at a shooting range.)
A renewal license issued after August 2006 to carry a concealed pistol is valid until the applicant's date of birth that falls not less than four years or more than five years after the license is issued.
CLICK HERE to download the Michigan Concealed Pistol License Application (pdf document)
CLICK HERE to apply online.
FIREARMS LAWS OF MICHIGAN
CLICK HERE to download the FIREARMS LAWS OF MICHIGAN — 2011 (pdf document)